Principal

Andy Müller BAppSc, DipEd, GradDipEd, MEd

ANdy-Muller-principal-2

My passion for education comes from the reward gained in helping young people to grow and develop in a very holistic sense; and that is why I love teaching at Scotch Oakburn College. Here, we are determined to develop the whole person and so provide a broad range of opportunities to enable each individual to explore their abilities and talents and find their path in life. It is wonderful to be immersed in an environment where the sense of camaraderie and collective desire to best prepare our students for their future is paramount.

My initial study was at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology where I studied a degree in Applied Science (Applied Chemistry). After working as an industrial chemist at ACI Fibreglass, I returned to university to complete my Graduate Diploma in Education at the University of Melbourne. That was followed 14 years later by a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Administration and eight years after that, a Master of Education, all at the University of Melbourne. Between gaining my Dip Ed and beginning teaching I worked for the Melbourne Olympic Candidature on the city’s bid to host the 1996 Olympic Games. Since then I have worked at Scotch College (Melbourne), Melbourne Grammar, St Leonard’s College and two schools in England, Morpeth College (London) and the Cherwell School (Oxford). I was Year Level Coordinator at Scotch College, Head of Upper School (Years 10 -1 2) and Deputy Principal, both at St Leonard’s College. I became Principal of Scotch Oakburn College in 2013.