Deputy Head of Junior School

Ben Green BHM, MEd

Ben-Green

I feel privileged that Scotch Oakburn has given me an opportunity to follow my passions in the outdoor learning and sporting environments, and in helping others through service leadership. I love my work. Every day is different.

I grew up on a farming property on the outskirts of Cressy and was educated in Launceston.

I completed a Bachelor of Human Movement Degree focussing on health and physical education teaching, sports science, sports management and health studies, at the University of Tasmania and later, a Master of Education.

I began at Scotch Oakburn as a Health and Physical Education Teacher in 2001, becoming Head of PE in 2003, then moved to classroom teaching, teaching a Year 6 class and taking on the role of Co-curricular Co-ordinator of the Junior School in 2006.  In 2009 I was appointed Deputy Head of Junior School.

Outside of teaching, I played and coached AFL over many years, finishing up at Old Scotch Football Club. My main passion outside of teaching now is my family. I have three beautiful children with my wife Natasha.

More about Ben – 100 stories: Inspired by Generations