Welcome from the Collegians Committee
The role of the Collegians Committee is to assist the College to maintain the links with the College’s family, with special emphasis on Alumni.
The Scotch Oakburn family embraces past students from MLC, Oakburn College, Scotch College and Scotch Oakburn College. The Collegians Committee represents all four entities, to encourage and assist in maintaining friendships formed whilst at school through peer year reunions, interstate, intrastate and overseas gatherings, lunches, dinners and cocktail parties.
Collegians also supports other College events and activities throughout the year, including Fiesta (March) and the Annual Scotch Oakburn Dinner (August). Additionally, Collegians support the College in the celebration and acknowledgement of new facilities, past students and milestones, as they arise.
The Collegians Committee is a sub-committee of the Scotch Oakburn Board of Governance, comprising the following members:
- Lou Clark (’84) Chair and Board of Governance Representative
- Andy Muller Principal, Scotch Oakburn College
- Annabel Tyson (’71) MLC/Oakburn College Representative
- Tenille Pentland (’00) Scotch Oakburn College Representative
- Clinton Pentland (’00) Scotch Oakburn College Representative
- Fred Lester ('01) Scotch Oakburn College Representative
- Don Wing (’55) Patron, Scotch College Representative
- Jayne Bayles Secretary, Scotch Oakburn Alumni Coordinator
If you are interested in joining the Collegians Committee, or offering assistance with a Collegians activity, please email the Collegians Secretary, Jayne Bayles (information below).
To ensure you don’t miss out on Collegians activities, and to receive Focus (the school community magazine), update your current contact details.
We encourage you to share your personal news, or that of a school friend, be it professional, social or community-based, by contacting us via email (information below), Facebook, or mail PO Box 103, Kings Meadows, TAS 7249.
Please stay connected with your College and join in, where possible, in the many activities and events that Scotch Oakburn and the Collegians Committee host.
Lou Clark – Chair, Collegians Committee
T: (03) 6336 3393