Click on an image to view gallery

WELCOME TO 2019

Welcome back to school and to the 2019 academic year. There was certainly a great sense of excitement, and a few nerves, on Monday morning as our students returned and our campuses once again felt like a school. Students and staff alike have returned with a positive approach to what promises to be a great year.

There are many new students and families, and some new staff members at the College this year and I extend a special welcome to all of them. I encourage you to be involved in the Scotch Oakburn community where you will experience a tangible sense of welcome and mutual support.

I thank our Grounds, Works and Maintenance teams who, as always, have been busy right across the holiday period with significant refurbishment, redevelopment work and extensive cleaning and preparation of facilities across all three campuses; we certainly enjoy a beautiful environment across the entire College.

Classes across the College have commenced smoothly and we’ve all slotted back into the familiar and reassuring routines that school provides. Our first formal assembly for the year on the Penquite campus was the Honours Assembly where we recognised those Year 12 students from 2018 who achieved outstanding academic results and then inducted our 2019 Student Executive. It was an excellent way to start the year and I am sure that hearing the goals and the achievements of our most recent Collegians will inspire others to set their goals and dream of what can be achieved.

I am sure 2019 will be another brilliant year for the College and our community and I have encouraged students to find ways to engage in what it is that they are passionate about and makes a positive difference to the community. In so doing they can set themselves aspirational goals in order to achieve their potential. Consequently, every person will be playing their part in creating an environment where everyone can experience success. I wish our community all the very best for 2019.

Andy Müller 
Principal