Wednesday 1 May 2019 ( Week 1, Term 2 ) is the Middle and Senior School House Athletics Carnival Day at St Leonards Athletics Centre, commencing at 8.30am, concluding at 3.30pm.
Students should be dropped off at St Leonards Athletics Centre at 8.15am and be collected from St Leonards at 3.30pm. Bus transport will be available in the morning for those students who catch country buses, departing from the Penquite Campus turning circle at 8.30 am. Scotch Oakburn buses from Blackstone Heights, Cressy and Riverside will drop students at St Leonards in the morning.
Upon arrival at the athletics centre all students must report to their House Head to have their attendance recorded.
The program of events (not competitors ) is available online via the Dash- subject to late changes (Track events only). Please allow 30 minutes variation to times.
Age Champions for athletics will be obtained from our House Carnival and NSATIS Carnival held later in the year.
– All students should bring clothing for all weather – extra warm clothing, raincoats, hats and sunscreen.
– Food, drinks and snacks will be available for purchase at the canteen; however, students should also come prepared with a packed lunch, including plenty of snacks and water for the day.
– Boarders’ lunches will be delivered to St Leonards Athletics Centre.
– Students are to wear full school sports uniform and their House coloured top. Year 12 students may wear their Year 12 rugby tops.
– When competing, students must wear their House coloured t-shirt and plain navy shorts – no variations will be permitted. Track pants can be worn when competing in field events.
– Students are advised they will be responsible for looking after their own valuables, although it is recommended that valuable items not be brought on the day.
– Personal listening devices cannot be worn while competing.
At the conclusion of the carnival, there will be a bus available at 3.15pm for only those students who are unable to be collected from St Leonards due to country travel. This bus will return to the Penquite Campus at 3.30pm to allow students to catch their country bus.
Parent assistance at our carnival is always appreciated. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can offer help on the day.
We are looking forward to another wonderful day of participation and Inter-House competition.