The 2019 Work Exposure in Government program (WEX) is taking place from Sunday 20 October to Friday 25 October.
Applications are open to high performing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in Years 10, 11 and 12 to learn about careers in the Australian Government. Students will be accompanied by teachers and mentors who provide cultural mentoring and leadership guidance.
All accommodation, transportation and meals will be provided.
Activities at WEX 2019 may include:
- meeting government Ministers and parliamentarians
- visits to the Australian Defence Force Academy and the Australian Federal Police headquarters
- visits to national institutions such as the Australian War Memorial and the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
- a tour of Parliament House
- a Careers Expo, where students can talk to representatives from a range of government agencies.
Through WEX, participants will learn about:
- jobs and career opportunities in the Australian Government
- applying for government jobs
- how laws are made and enforced
- support available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees
Applications must be submitted by emailing a scanned copy of the completed form to email@example.com by Friday 23 August 2019.