At the end of Term 1, Principal Andy Müller updated the community of some of the 22 strategic projects that are now underway as a part of our SOC2035 Strategic Vision.
Andy mentions just some of the projects underway:
- The introduction of the Scotch Oakburn Learner Attributes – the soft skills and ways of thinking that are required for students to get the most from their learning experiences.
- The quest to create our own Learner Profile – a succinct representation of the whole learner, who they are, what skills, knowledge and values they have developed to the point in time when they graduate from Scotch Oakburn.
- A teaching staff Performance and Development framework to ensure continual review and improvement in all that we do.
- The growth of Scotch Oakburn as a Professional Learning Community.
- The implementation of the Resilience Project as a framework for the holistic development of our students.
- Review and implementation of a comprehensive College-wide wellbeing program for students and staff.
- The engagement with the Australian Childhood Foundation to be formally certified as a Child Safe workplace.
- The commencement of the Community Education program, which in Term 1 was the Circle of Security parent education forums. Expect more Community Education programs in Term 2.
- The foundational work supporting the launch of the new Community Service Scholarship and subsequent Giving Day on the 20th of May gained momentum. It is great to see so much support for this worthwhile cause.
- The creation of a structured leadership development program for staff with aspirations in areas of education beyond teaching.
- The ongoing work on the redevelopment of the Performing Arts Centre at Penquite and the initial work on learning space developments at both the Elphin and Penquite Campu
For a Strategic Plan to be of any use, it must be brought to life and the projects that are already underway should give the College community the confidence that the staff are committed to achieving the aspirational goals set out in SOC2035.