What information do I need to give you?
During the sign-up process, you will be asked for personal details about yourself including:
- Contact details such as your email address and phone number
- Career information such as your industry and level of experience
- Geographic information such as which state you come from
- Other information such as your goals for the mentorship
What information will be visible in my profile?
Once you finish the sign-up process, this creates a profile in the Mentorloop platform. This is visible only to other mentors/mentees in the program who have Mentorloop profiles and the Scotch Oakburn College team running the program.
Your profile will not contain all the information from your sign-up form. It will only contain certain basic details about you, your career and what you’re looking for, such as:
- Your name
- Organisation and role
- Gender (if you disclose it)
- Mentor/mentee preferences
- Your bio (which you write)
What information do you hide from my profile?
Whenever you see an eye icon with a line through it on the sign-up form, you have the option to make that information visible or not visible on your profile.
Why do you ask for information if it won’t be visible in my profile?
Understanding who is taking part in our program is important. It helps us report on our impact, and more importantly, it helps us find under-represented groups and design programs to specifically help those groups.
If you do not feel comfortable disclosing this kind of information, you can often select the option ‘Prefer not to disclose’ on the sign-up form.